Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Creme de Menthe Tart Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 104-105)
Gluten-Free Creme de Menthe Tart: Peppermint and chocolate mix for a wonderfully refreshing treat.
Creme de Menthe Tart
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Pastry Crust Ingredients
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour 1 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes 20 Andes Mint Candies (GF at time of writing this book: confirm before using; reserved for later use)
½ Cup Sugar 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Mint Extract (or ¼ cup ground fresh mint leaves) ¼ Cup Sour Cream 2 Eggs
YieldSingle 9" tart.
Baker’s Tip(as pictured) Use a few fresh peppermint leaves for presentation. Break a few extra chocolate-mint candies into pieces and sprinkle over center region of crust before adding filling.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add baking powder and flours; mix. Add coconut flakes; mix until blended.
- Line a 9" springform pan with baking parchment paper (as pictured). Apply cooking spray to inside of pan.
- Press crust into pan bottom (do not form crust up sides of the pan). Bake crust at 400° for 40 minutes. While crust is baking, make filling.
- Cream together the sugar and cream cheese. Add mint extract (or ground mint leaves) and sour cream; mix. Add eggs; mix.
- Once baked crust has cooled slightly, place Andes Mints (about 20) around sides of pan (vertical); optionally, sprinkle a few chopped mints in middle. Immediately pour filling into crust. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- Allow tart to cool to room temperature, then place in refrigerator to cool/set completely prior to serving.