Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Mini Nut Tarts Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 106-107)
Gluten-Free Mini Nut Tarts: Another tantalizing original, these mini “cookie-cup” tarts bring the taste of a traditional almond nut-roll filling to a wonderful pastry shell.
Mini Nut Tarts — the perfect size delicious snack to keep close at hand. We have used walnuts in this version, but you can easily substitute for other favorites like pecans and almonds.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¼ Cup Almond Paste ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 5 Ounces Cream Cheese 1¼ Cups Cornstarch ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour 1 Teaspoon Vanilla ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1¼ Cups Chopped Walnuts ¼ Cup Heavy Cream ½ Cup Sugar ¼ Cup Honey 3 Tablespoons (⅓ Stick) Butter ½ Teaspoon Vanilla 1½ Teaspoons Cinnamon
Yield24 mini tar ts (one pan).
Baker’s TipThis recipe is best suited to mini-muffin pans (24 per sheet, each muffin cup measuring 2⅛ x ¾").
- Place all filling ingredients in a blender and blend until a paste is formed.
- Cream almond paste, butter and cream cheese together. Add cornstarch, glutinous rice flour, vanilla and baking powder. Mix until just blended. Do not over mix dough.
- Take approximately one inch balls of dough and place in greased mini-muffin pan (pictured below). Press dough so that cup is formed (sides and bottom should have about the same dough thickness).
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Remove baked cups from oven and (leaving cups in pan) add filling (fill to top of cup). Top with a walnut if desired (as pictured at top).
- Bake at 300° for 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.