Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Blueberry Lemon Tart Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 108-109)
Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Tart: This is a restaurant-quality tart featuring a fabulous lemon custard filling topped with fresh or frozen blueberries. As delicious as it is beautiful.
Blueberry (or other favorite berry) Lemon Tart
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter ½ Cup Almond Paste 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Tablespoon Honey 1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour
2 Eggs, slightly beaten ½ Cup Sugar ½ Cup Half & Half ¼ Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Cream together butter, almond paste and cream cheese.
- Add baking powder and honey; mix.
- Add flours and mix until blended.
- Press pastry crust into bottom of 9x1⅛" greased tart pan and form crust up sides of pan (wax paper or parchment works nicely to help form crust).
- Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. While crust is baking, make filling.
- Mix slightly beaten eggs and sugar together.
- Add half & half, lemon juice and cornstarch; mix.
- Place frozen blueberries in cooked pastry shell (allow pastry shell to cool a few minutes before adding blueberries).
- Pour filling over blueberries — berries will rise to surface during baking.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325° and bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set.