Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Hazelnut Tart Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 112-113)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Tart: This tart may remind you a bit of a pecan pie with its texture, but with the wonderful flavor combination of hazelnut and chocolate.
Chocolate Hazelnut Tart (or almonds, walnuts, etc).
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter ¼ Cup Almond Paste 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Tablespoon Honey 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1 Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour
2 Eggs, slightly beaten ¾ Cup Light Corn Syrup ¾ Cup Sugar 1 Tablespoon Honey 2 Teaspoons Vanilla ¾ Cup Hazelnut Pieces, Toasted ½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Almond Paste can be purchased or made from scratch — see this Blog entry I wrote about Gluten-Free Almond Paste for more information. Almond Paste is a combination of Almonds, Sugar, and water basically — it is a very thick paste.
Light corn syrup refers to the color of the corn syrup, meaning not dark. It does not mean thin or reduced-calorie corn syrups.
If you only have whole nuts, you can quickly break into pieces by placing them in a zip lock bag and lightly striking them with a meat mallet.
If crust is too sticky to work with, just refrigerate for ½ hour first. This tart is exceptional when served either slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Cream together butter, almond paste and cream cheese.
- Add baking powder, vanilla, and honey; mix.
- Add flours and mix until blended.
- Press pastry crust into bottom of 9x1⅛" greased tart pan and form up sides of pan (wax paper or parchment works nicely to help form crust).
- Bake at 450°F for 9 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. While crust is baking, make filling.
- Toast hazelnut pieces in 450°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Mix slightly beaten eggs, corn syrup, sugar, honey and vanilla together.
- Add toasted hazelnut pieces and chocolate chips; mix.
- Place filling in slightly cooled crust.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 55-60 minutes (top of tart will become very firm to the touch).
- Allow tart to cool and then remove from pan.