Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 132-133)
Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons: A pleasantly sweet and chewy coconut cookie that is simple to make.
Coconut Macaroons can be served either plain or dipped in chocolate — both varieties are quite popular and delicious.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
14 Ounces Sweetened Shredded (Flake) Coconut 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon 3 Egg Whites ½ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
YieldApproximately 2 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Baker’s TipA simple variation you can try is made by dipping cooled baked macaroons into semisweet chocolate chips melted in the microwave. Simply microwave chocolate chips, stir until sooth, and then dip the cooled macaroons into the chocolate — allow chocolate to set prior to serving.
- In bowl, mix together shredded coconut, condensed milk and cinnamon.
- In mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto the parchment paper (use your fingers to shape the batter into a ball shape) and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (will be golden brown when done).
- Allow to cool prior to serving.