Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Jelly Squares Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 150-151)
Gluten-Free Jelly Squares: These jelly-squares feature your favorite preserves flavors accented by coconut and your choice of nut meal.
Jelly / Jam — Squares, Bars
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour 1 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes ¼ Cup Nut Meal (e.g., Walnut or Almond)
¾ Cup Apricot Preserves ¾ Cup Seedless Black Raspberry Jam ½ Cup Nut Meal (Walnut or Almond)
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add baking powder and flours; mix. Add coconut flakes and nut meal; mix until blended.
- Press base mixture into the bottom of a greased 11x7x1½" Pyrex pan or similar sized pan (do not form crust up the sides of the pan).
- Bake crust at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- If you are using a single preserve flavor, simply spread the preserves evenly over the entire surface of the baked crust. If using two (or more) flavors, separate flavor-sections by placing a small piece of tin foil between them (see picture below).
- Sprinkle entire surface evenly with ½ Cup nut meal. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.