Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Double-Chocolate Jelly-Accent Brownies Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 156-157)
Gluten-Free Double-Chocolate Jelly-Accent Brownies: This recipe extends the basic chocolate brownie by adding a little extra sweetness and moisture from your favorite jelly or jam.
Double-Chocolate Jelly-Accent Brownies
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Semisweet Baking Chocolate 1 Cup Sugar ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed ¼ Cup Sweet Rice Flour (Glutinous Rice Flour) 1 Cup White Rice Flour ⅓ Cup Cocoa ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 4 Eggs ¼ Cup Seedless Jam — any flavor you choose; raspberry, orange, blackberry, etc. ½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In microwave, melt butter and baking chocolate, stirring as needed.
- In mixer, combine sugars. Add melted butter/chocolate mixture to sugars and mix until combined. Add rice flours, cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla; mix. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Line an 8" springform pan with parchment paper and coat all inside surfaces of pan (including parchment) with cooking spray. Pour brownie batter into pan.
- Spoon jam on top of brownie batter (as pictured below).
- Keeping in mind that you are not trying to completely mix the jam into the brownie batter, slightly mix the jam into the topmost part of the batter by cutting through, or swirling, the jam into the batter with a knife. Next, sprinkle the top of the batter with the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes (toothpick-test in last 5 minutes to confirm).
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.