Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Pumpkin-Nut Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 166-167)
Gluten-Free Pumpkin-Nut Bread: Full of flavor and moistness, this simple to make pumpkin nut bread is a real treat.
Pumpkin-Nut Bread with complementary spices.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Granulated Sugar 2 Eggs ¾ Cup Buttermilk ½ Cup Vegetable Oil 1¼ Cups Canned Pumpkin 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1½ Tablespoons Cinnamon ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves ¾ Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans 1¼ Cups Brown Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Tapioca Flour
YieldRoughly a dozen 3½x2½x1½" petite loaves.
You can leave the bread right in the bread pans for storage and simply place plastic-wrap over the pans. Alternatively, you can place in a covered plastic storage container. Bread will remain rather fresh for a few days.
For variation, you can add a dash of nutmeg to the pumpkin bread batter. Also, you can easily add a walnut half to the top of each bread loaf before baking for decoration (as pictured).
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon-yellow appearance (see picture below).
- Add buttermilk, oil, and pumpkin; mix well.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and chopped nuts; mix.
- Add the various flours/starches and mix until batter is an even consistency. The resulting mixture will be a thick liquid batter that you can pour into baking pans.
- Grease two petite-loaf pan sheets (8 loaves per sheet, each loaf being 3½x2½x1½"). Place batter into pans, filling each pan approximately one-half full.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F. A simple “toothpick test” will help you determine when the bread is baked completely.
- Remove from oven and cool before eating.