Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 174-175)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cranberry Nut Bread: An exceptionally moist and savory bread packed with flavor — chocolate, pumpkin, cranberries, nuts, raisins, and more.
Chocolate Cranberry Nut Bread — you must try this one!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Sugar 2 Eggs ¾ Cup Buttermilk ½ Cup Vegetable Oil 1¼ Cups Canned Pumpkin 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1½ Tablespoons Cinnamon 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts ¼ Cup Chopped Dates ½ Cup Dried Cranberries ¼ Cup Golden Raisins ½ Cup Shredded Zucchini 1¼ Cups White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Tapioca Flour ¼ Cup Cocoa ⅓ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (reserve)
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon-yellow appearance (see picture below).
- Add buttermilk, oil and pumpkin; mix.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; mix.
- Add walnuts, dates, cranberries, raisins and zucchini; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix slowly until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Mix at medium-high speed for one minute.
- Distribute batter into greased loaf pan(s) of selected size(s).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of unbaked batter.
- Bake at 350°F. Baking times will depend on loaf pans selected, and will be approximately 55 minutes for a full-sized 9x5" loaf pan, and approximately 30 minutes for mini-loaves — use toothpick test to confirm.