Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Banana Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 176-177)
Gluten-Free Banana Bread: I prefer this banana nut bread to any I have ever tried.
Banana Bread that is so good, you will not believe it is gluten-free. We have created a few variations based off this recipe too — including a Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe with Chia Seed and Whey Protein.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¼ Cup Almond Paste 1 Cup Sugar ½ Cup Vegetable Oil 2 Eggs ¾ Cup Buttermilk 2 Cups Mashed Bananas (approximately 4 medium-size Bananas) 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1½ Teaspoons Baking Powder ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon 2 Tablespoons Honey 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts 2 Cups White Rice Flour ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour ¼ Cup Amaranth Flour
YieldTwo standard sized (9x5") loaves of bread.
Baker’s TipYou can leave the bread right in the bread pan for storage and simply place a piece of plastic wrap over the pan. Bread will remain rather fresh for a few days.
- In a mixer, cream together almond paste, sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and buttermilk; mix.
- Add bananas, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and honey; mix.
- Add walnuts; mix.
- Add the various flours and mix until batter is an even consistency. The resulting mixture will be a thick liquid batter that you can pour into baking pans.
- Grease two 9x5" standard loaf pans. Divide batter equally between pans, filling each pan roughly half full.
- Optional (as pictured): sprinkle extra ground cinnamon on top of batter prior to baking, and place a walnut-half in center on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. A simple toothpick test will help you determine when the bread is baked completely.
- Remove from oven and cool before eating.