Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Citrus Rice Pudding Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 184-185)
Gluten-Free Citrus Rice Pudding: With accents of orange and coconut, this creamy rice pudding is definitely a cut above.
Citrus Rice Pudding — take rice pudding up a level with some exceptional complementary flavors.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¾ Cup Jasmine Rice (uncooked) ½ Cup Milk 14 Ounce (1 can) Light Coconut Milk (nearly 2 Cups) 1 Cup Heavy Cream ½ Cup Sugar 1 Tablespoon Honey 2 Teaspoons Vanilla 1 Orange (for Zest)
YieldServes six to eight.
Baker’s TipBest served same day as made. Before serving, decorate top of pudding with shaved orange peel (as pictured).
- In sauce pan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until pudding has a creamy consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Leave uncovered and cool to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator to cool completely before serving.