Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Lemon Blueberry Parfait Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 190-191)
Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Parfait: A subtle lemon flavored custard is accented with blueberries in this layered parfait that makes a wonderful after dinner treat.
Lemon Blueberry Parfait is easily adapted to your favorite fruit flavors.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Lemon Custard Ingredients
2½ Cups Milk ½ Cup Sugar 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch 2 Egg Yolks, Slightly Beaten 1 Lemon (for Zest) 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients
1½ Cups Sugar 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
YieldFour to six servings.
Lemon Custard Directions
- Mix all ingredients together in mixer until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into sauce pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for an additional 6 minutes (or for an additional minute after pudding starts to boil).
- Place custard in bowl. To prevent a surface film from forming on top of the custard, place plastic wrap directly on surface of custard.
- Cool completely.
Blueberry Sauce Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, one minute (sauce will become very thick). Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble parfaits.
Directions: Assembling the Parfaits
- You can either spoon the custard into your chosen parfait glasses, or pipe it into the glasses using a pastry bag. A simple pastry bag is formed by placing the custard into a large zip lock bag and snipping off the corner of the bag through which custard will be piped.
- Add part of the lemon custard, followed by part of the blueberry sauce (spoon into place), to your glasses.
- Add another layer of the lemon custard followed by blueberry sauce. Continue as needed forming layers of color and flavor as you go.
- Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.
The idea of the parfait is to be creative. It is best to use a glass which is clear so that the parfait layers can be admired.
Serve soon after assembly for best results (within four hours).