Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Pudding Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 196-197)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pudding: Homemade chocolate pudding is sure to be a hit with young and old alike.
Rich in flavor, yet simple to prepare, this is great for snacks and after meal treats.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
3 Egg Yolks ½ Cup Heavy Cream 4 Cups Milk 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 1¼ Cups Sugar ¼ Cup Cornstarch 2 Tablespoons Cocoa 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips 3 Ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- With mixer, combine egg yolks, cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa; mix until ingredients are evenly disbursed.
- Pour mixture into sauce pan. Add chocolate chips and baking chocolate.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium and continue stirring for an additional 10-12 minutes (or until about one minute after pudding starts to boil).
- Place pudding in bowl. To prevent rubbery surface film from forming on top of the pudding, place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon into serving glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve.