Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Cinnamon Vanilla Pudding Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 198-199)
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Vanilla Pudding: Creamy cinnamon vanilla pudding is an excellent treat on its own, and is very useful as an accent to other desserts.
Cinnamon Vanilla Pudding — and, simply omit cinnamon to make vanilla pudding.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
¼ Cup Cornstarch 1 Cup Sugar 2 Eggs 4 Cups Milk 4 Tablespoons (½ Stick) Butter 2 Tablespoons Vanilla 1 Teaspoon Honey 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Baker’s TipFor presentation, sprinkle a bit of ground cinnamon on top of pudding and/or place a cinnamon stick in pudding (as pictured).
- In an unheated saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in milk, stirring to maintain even consistency.
- Add butter to mixture and place saucepan on stove. Cook mixture on low to medium heat until the product takes on a thick pudding consistency (approximately 3-5 minutes after pudding starts to boil).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, honey, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Place pudding in bowl. To prevent rubbery surface film from forming on top of the pudding, place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon into serving glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve.