Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Roasted Caramel Pears and Vanilla Pudding Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 200-201)
Gluten-Free Roasted Caramel Pears and Vanilla Pudding: This dessert tastes as great as it looks, with roasted pears in caramel sauce placed over vanilla pudding, and topped with toasted almonds and cinnamon.
Roasted Caramel Pears and Vanilla Pudding
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
Roasted Pears Ingredients
¼ Cup (½ Stick) Butter 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar 4 Pears — halved and cored
Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
¼ Cup Cornstarch 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar 2 Eggs 4 Cups Milk ¼ Cup (½ Stick) Butter 2 Tablespoons Vanilla 1 Teaspoon Honey 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Garnish Ingredients (optional, as pictured)
¼ Cup Toasted Almonds ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
You can create individual bowls of this dessert, or serve in one larger bowl that has been prepared for optimal appearance (as pictured).
Great when served slightly warm, though it is fine cooled as well.
Roasted Pears Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place butter on ¾" deep cookie sheet, insert into oven and remove once butter has melted.
- Distribute brown sugar over the surface of the pan, directly on top of the melted butter.
- Place pears on cookie sheet, cut-faces down. Bake pears for approximately 30-35 minutes or until soft and tender. Note: the baking process will create a caramel sauce (from the caramelized brown sugar and butter) for later use.
- Prepare pudding while pears roast.
Vanilla Pudding Directions
- Stir the cornstarch and sugar together in the bottom of unheated saucepan.
- Add egg to mixture and stir in thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk while cooking mixture on low heat. Add butter to mixture and continue cooking on low-medium heat until it takes on a pudding consistency.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, honey, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Serve the baked pears (sliced once cool enough to allow) over slightly warm vanilla pudding with a generous drizzle of the caramel sauce formed during baking process.
- Garnish with chopped, toasted almonds and a bit of cinnamon for flavor and presentation (as pictured) if desired.