Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 214-215)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Not only incredibly delicious on their own, these berries will be a perfect complement to many recipes throughout this book.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Pound Fresh Strawberries 8 Ounces Chocolate (of choice) 1 Tablespoon Butter
The butter may be omitted, though it helps soften the chocolate coating (which keeps the chocolate from cracking and falling off the berries when consumed).
Choose whatever chocolate you prefer; best with semisweet or sweeter chocolate.
- Prepare the strawberries for dipping by washing them off, and then allow them to dry (or dry with paper towel).
- Prepare a cooling area by laying out wax paper in an area large enough to hold all the berries once dipped.
- Begin by placing the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt for approximately 2½ minutes total, stirring every so often until a smooth, medium-thin consistency is achieved. You do not want the chocolate so hot that it “cooks” the berries.
- Dip berries in chocolate. Place on wax paper for drying. If chocolate becomes too thick, just microwave briefly and stir until smooth before dipping more berries.
- Berries can be stored at room temperature if serving same day, otherwise it is best to cover and refrigerate.