Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Haystacks Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 220-221)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Haystacks: A quick and easy recipe combining chocolate and coconut for a perfect blend of flavors and textures.
Chocolate Haystacks are certainly one of the simplest cookies / candies you can make — and they taste great!
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
8 Ounces Dark or Milk Chocolate 1¼ Cups Unsweetened Medium Shredded Coconut
YieldRoughly one dozen 1½-2" haystacks.
This recipe is easily altered to create many types of chocolate covered candy; choose from nuts, raisins, dried fruit, and so forth.
Choose the type of chocolate — milk, dark, bittersweet — according to your personal preference (as pictured: dark chocolate).
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir chocolate until smooth.
- Add coconut and stir until incorporated into chocolate.
- Spoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to warm to room temperature before eating.