If a Recipe does not yet include the full ingredients and/or instructions text, it will be updated in the near future — please watch our Gluten-Free Blog for Recipe-Release Announcements.
Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Beer-Battered Onion Rings Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 228-229)
Gluten-Free Beer-Battered Onion Rings: Using GF sorghum beer for a wonderful flavor enhancer, this recipe will produce some of the best onion rings you have ever tasted!
Beer-Battered Onion Rings are flavorful snack, meal additon, or appetizer that will remind you of Onion Rings you enjoyed formerly.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup Sorghum Beer ⅓ Cup Buttermilk 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ⅔ Cup White Rice Flour 3 Tablespoons Glutinous Rice Flour ¼ Cup Cornstarch ½ Teaspoon Salt ½ Teaspoon Pepper
2 Medium Vidalia Onions, Sliced into Rings Olive Oil for deep frying (½" deep in a pan) Salt (to taste)
Approximately 50-60 onion rings.
Fried onion rings can be kept warm in 300° oven for a short period of time (place onion rings on oven safe plate or bowl).
- In bowl, mix all batter ingredients until smooth.
- Add ¼ of the sliced onions and gently coat.
- Deep fry (few at a time) the onion rings in heated (hot) olive oil making sure to flip the rings so both sides cook to a golden brown color.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Apply salt as desired and serve while fresh and warm.