Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Jalepeno Corn Bread Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 234-235)
Gluten-Free Jalepeno Corn Bread: A spicy southwestern version of a good old-fashioned corn bread.
Buttermilk Jalepeno Corn Bread that delivers a lot of rich corn flavor — unmistakably corn, as is required for great cornbread! With a little heat that is offset with some sharp cheddar cheese, this cornbread is truly a wonderful addition to many meals.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1 Cup Buttermilk 1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernels (thawed) 3 Tablespoons Honey ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil 3 Eggs ½ Jalapeño Pepper, Chopped (or, to taste) 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper ½ Teaspoon Salt ½ Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder 1⅓ Cups Cornmeal ⅓ Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour
Best served warm out of the oven.
Feel free to omit the jalapeño if you prefer corn bread without the hot pepper taste.
- In a mixer, combine buttermilk, corn, honey, oil and eggs; mix.
- Add jalapeño pepper, black pepper, salt and cheese; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix.
- Place in 11x7x1½" greased Pyrex dish and bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.