Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (page 77)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting: Another classic flavor comination.
Chocolate coupled with ground hazelnuts make for a nice variation on both chocolate and yellow cakes. Any variety of chopped nuts can be used to create a similar chocolate-nut type frosting using this recipe.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
12 Ounces Chocolate (Dark or Milk) 8 Ounces Chopped Nuts (Hazelnut / other) 1½ Cups Confectioners’ Sugar ¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream 3 Tablespoons Milk (slightly more or less to obtain desired consistency)
- Chop nuts into small pieces — choose a chopped size that works best for your cake and desired presentation.
- In a 2-quart bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring until smooth consistency.
- Add whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar and mix.
- Mix in chopped nuts.
- If mixture is still warm, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add milk to obtain desired consistency for spreading onto cake.