Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 28-29)
Gluten-Free Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake: With or without blueberries, the delicious taste of fresh lemon is certain to please.
Moistness and flavor abound, creating a perfect cake for any occasion.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
4 Eggs 1¾ Cups Sugar 1 Pint (16-Ounce container) Sour Cream ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 1 Teaspoon Vanilla 2 Tablespoons Grated Lemon Rind (should require just 1 Lemon) 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Cups White Rice Four 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
2¼ Cups Powdered Sugar 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice (approximately the juice of one lemon)
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon-yellow appearance.
- Add sour cream and butter; mix.
- Add vanilla and grated lemon rind; mix.
- Add flours, cornstarch, baking powder and soda; mix slowly until flours are incorporated completely.
- Mix on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Place mixture in Bundt cake pan (12 cup size) that has been coated with cooking spray and dusted with sugar.
- Add blueberries to top of mixture (see picture below).
- Bake at 350° for 75 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in Bundt pan for 15 minutes. Remove Bundt cake from pan and allow to completely cool.
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice and powdered sugar together. If glaze is not thick enough, add extra powdered sugar until desired thickness is obtained.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.