Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Almond Buckwheat Torte Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 58-59)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Buckwheat Torte: This cross between a chocolate brownie and torte combines the flavors of buckwheat and toasted almonds to create a dessert full of rich nutty flavor.
Chocolate Almond Buckwheat Torte / Cake / Brownie — the picture of this finished dessert is featured prominently on the cover of our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts cookbook.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
6 Ounces Semisweet Chocolate 6 Tablespoons Butter ¾ Cup Sugar (divided) 4 Eggs (separated) 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract 1 Cup Almond Meal ½ Cup Buckwheat Flour ¼ Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
YieldOne 9" round torte.
Optional Garnish (as pictured)
Toast ¼ cup of sliced almonds in a pan or oven.
Drizzle chocolate sauce over torte slices when served, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Melt chocolate in microwave — heating only as much as needed to melt completely when stirred. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart bowl, cream together the butter and ½ cup sugar.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the bowl with the butter and sugar, and placing the whites into a mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Beat the egg yolks completely into butter and sugar mix. Add molten chocolate, vanilla, and almond meal; mix completely. Mix in the buckwheat flour.
- In mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Whisk egg whites while gradually adding in ¼ cup sugar, maintaining soft peaks.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture, forming final batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x1⅛" tart pan or cake pan (preferably with removable bottom).
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to serve.