If a Recipe does not yet include the full ingredients and/or instructions text, it will be updated in the near future — please watch our Gluten-Free Blog for Recipe-Release Announcements.
Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Chocolate Ganache Cake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 20-21)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Ganache Cake: The definitive rich and dense chocolate cake, guaranteed to rival any. Moistness and chocolate flavor are abundant — great even without frosting!
The definitive rich and dense chocolate cake — moistness and chocolate flavor are abundant, even without frosting! This gluten-free Chocolate Ganache Cake is the perfect way to bring joy to any chocolate cake lover. This cake gave me back my favorite cholocate birthday cake I was used to before Celiac Disease.We feature some variations on this site too — like the Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Ganache Cake Recipe and another Chocolate Ganache Cake recipe variation which makes use of some Flax meal as a healthful moisture-retention ingredient.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
1¾ Cups Sugar 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 4 Eggs 1 Teaspoon Vanilla ½ Cup Vegetable Oil 2 Cups Buttermilk 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Cocoa ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Cups White Rice Four
9 Ounces Dark Chocolate 2 Tablespoons Sugar 2 Tablespoons Butter 1¼ Cups Heavy Cream
Three 9" round cakes (as pictured, stacked).
This same recipe may be used to make two 9" round cake pans (each cake will be thicker) — just increase baking time to 35 minutes. For a simple variation, pour batter into the pans and top each with chocolate chips (quarter cup each) prior to baking.
- With mixer, cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Add eggs (one at a time, blending after each) and vanilla; mix.
- Add oil and buttermilk; mix. Scrape sides of mixer to loosen any cream cheese/sugar that might be clinging to sides of bowl.
- Add baking power, baking soda and cocoa; mix. Slowly add remaining flour (glutinous rice, tapioca, and white rice). Once flour is incorporated, mix on medium-high for approximately 1 minute.
- Grease three 9" round cake pans. Pour batter into the pans. Bake at 350° for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Then, place in a mixer with whisk-head and whip until light and fluffy. If you overmix the ganache, do not worry; microwave for thirty seconds and place in refrigerator to cool and try again.
- Place ganache between cooled cake layers during assembly.
- For outer frosting, use Chocolate Whipped Cream frosting (as pictured; page 76) or any other complementary frosting. Use fresh strawberry halves around cake as further decoration if desired.