Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Yellow Cake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 42-43)
Gluten-Free Yellow Cake: A light and fluffy yellow cake that is equally light in color and taste.
The subtle vanilla flavor in this yellow cake is perfect with a wide selection of complementary icings.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
4 Eggs 1½ Cups Sugar 2 Cups Sour Cream ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 2 Teaspoons Vanilla (Clear variety is best for maintaining light color of cake) 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 Cup Cornstarch ½ Cup Glutinous Rice Flour ½ Cup Tapioca Flour 2 Cups White Rice Four
- With mixer, mix the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about two minutes until the batter takes on a fluffy lemon-yellow appearance (see picture below).
- Add butter; mix. Add sour cream; mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix slowly until even consistency. Mix on high for one minute.
- Place cake batter into two 9" round greased cake pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pans prior to removing and frosting.
- Frost the cake with your favorite icing. Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting (page 77; one batch) was used for the accompanying picture.