Gluten Free Recipes from Gluten-Free-Desserts.com
Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free
Coconut Dream Cheesecake Recipe
GF Recipe Summary
Exclusive recipe from our Gluten-Free Gourmet Desserts Cookbook collection (pages 44-45)
Gluten-Free Coconut Dream Cheesecake: Thanks to a wonderful balance of coconut and lemon flavors, one bite of this cheesecake will make you think you are dreaming - it is that good!
Coconut Dream Cheesecake — tropical flavor meets cheesecake.
Gluten-Free Recipe Card and Pictures
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter 4 Ounces Cream Cheese 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder ¾ Cup White Rice Flour ¼ Cup Glutinous White Rice Flour 1 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Cup Sugar 8 Ounces (1 package) Cream Cheese 4 Eggs 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch ¼ Cup Coconut Cream (not milk) ½ Cup Sour Cream ¼ Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes 1 Lemon (for its Zest; roughly 1 Teaspoon)
1 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add baking powder and flours; mix.
- Add coconut flakes; mix until blended.
- Press pastry crust into parchment paper lined and greased 9" springform pan (do not form crust up the sides of the pan).
- Bake crust at 400° for 40 minutes. While crust is baking, make filling.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Add eggs; mix
- Add cornstarch, coconut cream and sour cream; mix.
- Add coconut flakes and lemon zest; mix.
- Pour cheese filling into baked pie crust.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate overnight (leave in springform pan).
- Shortly before ready to serve, place one cup of sweetened coconut flakes on a baking sheet and broil in oven until light brown (may have to stir coconut flakes to achieve even browning).
- Place toasted coconut flakes on top of cheesecake. Optionally, slice a fresh strawberry and place in center for appearance (as pictured).